Some companies choose to "block" access to the MyFantasyLeague.com site since they (or their firewall software vendor) deem the web site to be not work related. If you're currently having problems accessing the site from work, the following instructions will show a work-around that might help you circumvent this block.
But first, an important disclaimer!
Please note that most companies these days have very strict policies regarding what is appropriate and inappropriate uses of company computers. Some companies may go as far as to have a policy stating that if you do attempt to circumvent their "blocking" efforts, what the consequences would be to you. So, we strongly encourage you to not just blindly follow these instructions if you are having access problems from inside your corporate network, but first, find out about any company policies that might be in place, and the penalties for violating those policies.
Also note that if you visit your league home page via the IP address rather than the domain name, under certain circumstances some dynamic league functionality (like chat, the live draft room, and the live auction room) may not function properly.
You have been warned!
(Again, only follow these instructions if you are having problems accessing the site from inside a corporate network that is "blocking" access to your MyFantasyLeague.com league pages.)
1. Figure out what server your league resides on. To do that, either go to your league home page from home (or someplace else from where you're not blocked), or ask one of your league mates what server you are on. The "server" is the part of your league home page address after the "http://" - so, if your league home page address was, say, http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/12345 , the "server" would be football5.myfantasyleague.com.
2. Given your "server" listed above, look up your "IP Address" in this table below.
www or football.myfantasyleague.com = 22.214.171.124
www2 or football2.myfantasyleague.com = 126.96.36.199
www3 or football3.myfantasyleague.com = 188.8.131.52
www4 or football4.myfantasyleague.com = 184.108.40.206
www5 or football5.myfantasyleague.com = 220.127.116.11
www6 or football6.myfantasyleague.com = 18.104.22.168
www7 or football7.myfantasyleague.com = 22.214.171.124
www8 or football8.myfantasyleague.com = 126.96.36.199
www9 or football9.myfantasyleague.com = 188.8.131.52
www10 or football10.myfantasyleague.com = 184.108.40.206
www11 or football11.myfantasyleague.com = 220.127.116.11
www12 or football12.myfantasyleague.com = 18.104.22.168
www13 or football13.myfantasyleague.com = 22.214.171.124
www14 or football14.myfantasyleague.com = 126.96.36.199
www15 or football15.myfantasyleague.com = 188.8.131.52
www16 or football16.myfantasyleague.com = 184.108.40.206
www17 or football17.myfantasyleague.com = 220.127.116.11
www18 or football18.myfantasyleague.com = 18.104.22.168
www19 or football19.myfantasyleague.com = 22.214.171.124
www20 or football20.myfantasyleague.com = 126.96.36.199
www21 or football21.myfantasyleague.com = 188.8.131.52
www22 or football22.myfantasyleague.com = 184.108.40.206
www23 or football23.myfantasyleague.com = 220.127.116.11
www24 or football24.myfantasyleague.com = 18.104.22.168
www25 or football25.myfantasyleague.com = 22.214.171.124
www26 or football26.myfantasyleague.com = 126.96.36.199
www27 or football27.myfantasyleague.com = 188.8.131.52
www28 or football28.myfantasyleague.com = 184.108.40.206
www29 or football29.myfantasyleague.com = 220.127.116.11
www30 or football30.myfantasyleague.com = 18.104.22.168
www32 or football32.myfantasyleague.com = 22.214.171.124
www33 or football33.myfantasyleague.com = 126.96.36.199
www34 or football34.myfantasyleague.com = 188.8.131.52
www99 or football99.myfantasyleague.com = 184.108.40.206
3. Given your original league home page address, replace the "server" part of the address with the "IP address" above, which will give you your "alternative home page address". In other words, if your original league home page address was http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/12345 , your alternative league home page address would be http://220.127.116.11/2007/home/12345
4. From inside your corporate network, try going to your "alternative league home page address" - most, but not all, blocking software will not be able to block based on this new address, so hopefully you will be able to get through.
So, just to emphasize a couple of important things:
1) only do these steps if you are currently having problems accessing your league pages from inside a corporate network.
2) only do these steps if you fully understand how doing them might be in violation of your corporate computing policies, and what the consequences of violating those policies might be.
3) understand that we reserve the right to move your league to a different "server" at any time (without notifying you of that beforehand), which therefore will mean you'll have to update your "IP address" accordingly.